Do you want to help cities across the country solve their most pressing problems every day? At Camino, we build intelligent software to help government offices manage complex workflows – from inspecting buildings to issuing business licenses. As our customer base quickly grows, we’re looking for an entrepreneurial Customer Account Manager to ensure our users are successful and create processes as we scale.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to add value from day one. Initially you’ll work with our current Implementation Lead to design and build the infrastructure we need for long-term customer success. This will start with developing an account management playbook that defines a repeatable process for onboarding, training, educating, and retaining customers. You will then help build out training materials and a knowledge base so our customers can find the information they need quickly and easily. Finally, you will help implement our playbook by ensuring we have the right tools, workflows, and reports in place.
As you build out our customer infrastructure, you will transition into managing accounts. You will own a territory and be responsible project-managing the implementation process and training users. Over time, you will become an expert in our product and the inner workings of city operations. We will rely on you to act as the voice of our customers and be an advocate for their greatest needs – and our team of engineers will be there to support you.
This role carries a lot of responsibility – we’re looking for somebody hungry for a challenge and excited to grow and learn. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who has basic experience with Customer Success or Account Management work and is looking to step up to a more senior position.
$50-80k / year
Core areas of responsibility:
- Write and maintain our account management playbook.
- Create training materials, documentation, and a product knowledge base.
- Manage and implement repeatable processes in our software systems (Hubspot, Jira, and Zendesk).
- Become the primary contact for customers in your territory. This means periodic check-ins, responding to customer support tickets, handling renewals, and more.
- Work with our implementation team to oversee the success of accounts from the point of sale through implementation, training, and go-live.
- Monitor customer KPIs and product usage. Identify problem accounts and help them find success.
- Build strong relationships with customers and make them Camino evangelists, ensuring high customer retention and satisfaction rates.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and communicate features and functionality that will improve customers’ workflows.
- Occasionally travel to meet customers in-person, when Covid-19 travel warnings have been lifted and you feel comfortable.
- 2+ years experience at SaaS technology company as somebody responsible for onboarding or implementing new customers.
- Experience writing documenting and creating processes and product training materials.
- Experience managing high-touch, enterprise accounts.
- Experience with creating and documenting Account Management/Customer Success processes and training materials.
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with common platforms like Hubspot, Zendesk, Intercom.
- Knowledge of customer lifecycle and exposure to common KPIs (like NPS)
- Experience with public sector customers is a plus but not a requirement.