We’re looking for builders who want to contribute more than code. Your specialization is less important than your desire and ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. Our customers (city and county governments) are the backbone of everyday life. We’re focused on building the tools they need to operate at the cutting edge of technology – not decades behind.
As our Lead SE, you’ll be a critical part of engaging & leading our early team. We’ll look for your experience in understanding, planning, and building successful SaaS products. We’ll lean on you to help coordinate engineering efforts, evaluate and pick technologies, and write code yourself. An ideal person has a strong point of view, weakly held, on how to run amazing teams. As a lead at a tiny company, you’ll work directly with our ceo.
By working with us you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Introduce automation into some of the most complex government workflows
- Build a highly-modular, core system of record for cities from the ground up (think Salesforce or Atlassian)
- Play a role in developing new models for interaction between governments and citizens
- Build software that is used on a daily basis by both citizens and government officials
As a Lead, you’ll have a hand in:
- Designing and building our SaaS platform and products
- Writing high quality code & mentoring more junior developers
- Identifying team needs that will inform our hiring plan
- Evaluate and help recruit highly skilled teammates
A strong candidate will have or show:
- 5+ years industry experience and ideally a STEM degree
- Demonstrated ability to develop cloud-based web apps
- Recent experience leading one or more small, full-stack or backend software development teams
- Incredible attention to detail along with a keen sense for when enough is enough
We work out of San Francisco, CA with a few teammates spread around the globe. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity and stellar health, dental and vision benefits.