Camino is a software layer that powers Cities, Counties, Towns, and other agencies as they experience growing populations and intricate regulation and policy. We are building a System of Intelligence that enables these agencies to drastically shift how Citizens engage with rules and regulations. Whether you’re looking to start a business, remodel a home, or just get a parking permit, agencies can use Camino to automate and streamline these processes. Our customers love our product and we’re feeling the pains of demand. That’s why we’re now expanding our engineering team. We’re looking for a Lead Engineer to bring calm to chaos.
We’ll look to you to:
- Drive planning and roadmaps around our APIs and Infrastructure
- Lead technical and architecture sessions and objective documents
- Assess and maintain a high bar for technical aptitude in new hires
- Be a key voice in product decisions
- Evaluate and execute on new technologies
- Push for and introduce more best-practices into our technology stack
We’re looking for builders who want to contribute more than code. Your specialization is less important than your desire and ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. Our customers (city and county governments) are the backbone of everyday life. We’re focused on building the tools they need to operate at the cutting edge of technology.
By working with us you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Introduce automation into some of the most complex government workflows
- Build a highly-modular, core system of record for cities from the ground up (think Salesforce or Atlassian)
- Play a role in developing new models for interaction between governments and citizens
- Build software that is used on a daily basis by both citizens and government officials
A strong candidate will have or show:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop cloud-based applications
- Incredible attention to detail along with a keen sense for when enough is enough
- Recent experience leading one or more small, full-stack or backend software development teams (bonus)
We work out of San Mateo, CA with a few teammates spread around the globe. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity and stellar health, dental and vision benefits.