Camino is a mission-driven company lowering the barriers of government regulations. We offer a suite of products that enable the government to be more accessible, easier to integrate with, and ultimately simpler to navigate. Whether you’re trying to start a new business, build a new home, or park your car on the street, Camino builds tools to simplify traditionally complex-to-navigate policies. Our products include virtual/remote live-streaming video inspections, auto-generated guides for projects like home remodels, payments, document management, and more. When combined, we offer some of the most advanced solutions in our market that are already deployed to millions of citizens throughout the United States.
We’re also growing rapidly and expanding. This year marked a new rate of growth for us. We’re in the majority of states within the US, we expanded into Canada, and we launched a new product that is seeing immense scale. It’s an excellent time to join us and help us build the modern software stack for the government and, in turn, see your efforts used by tens of millions of Americans on a daily basis.
We’re looking for another Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our team and help us deliver robust backend systems to our teams and customers.
As a senior member of our platform team:
- Lead technical and architecture sessions, roadmaps, and objective documents
- Assess and maintain a high bar for technical aptitude in new hires
- Partner with our Product team to explore new possibilities and represent Engineering
- Evaluate and execute on new technologies
- Push for best-practices in our technology stack and across our company
- Design, build, and maintain a set of APIs that will be used by many to manage and consume Camino Platform data 24/7
By working with us you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Introduce automation into some of the most complex government workflows
- Build a highly-modular, core system of record for agencies from the ground up (think Salesforce or Atlassian)
- Play a role in developing new models for interaction between governments and citizens
- Build software that is used on a daily basis by both citizens and government employees
A strong candidate will have or show:
- 4+ years industry experience developing SaaS-based solutions
- Demonstrated ability to develop cloud-based applications
- Incredible attention to detail along with a keen sense for when enough is enough
- Recent experience leading one or more small, full-stack or backend software development teams (bonus)
We are 100% distributed and have been for multiple years. We love working where we wish and having the flexibility to work with the best people no matter where they live. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity and stellar health, dental and vision benefits.Apply for this position