We’re looking for builders who want to contribute more than code. Your specialization is less important than your desire and ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. Our customers (city and county governments) are the backbone of everyday life. We’re focused on building the tools they need to operate at the cutting edge of technology – not decades behind.
As a backend software engineer, you’ll join our founding engineering team and play a big role in building our platform that will power future Governments. You’ll be responsible for working on all aspects of our platform and products that enable our frontend teams to fly, our services to be always-on 24/7, and new products to be built with ease. As such an early member of our team, you can expect a meaningful say in how things get done.
By working with us you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Introduce automation and AI into some of the most complex workflows
- Build a highly-modular, core system of record for cities from the ground up (think Salesforce or Atlassian)
- Play a role in developing new models for interaction between governments and citizens
- Build software that is used on a daily basis by both citizens and government officials
As a backend engineer, you may end up working on any of these:
- Question & Answer Graph
- Pipeline deployments to the cloud that enable our team to move quickly
- Complex data storages & indexing
- Enterprise-grade APIs that will be the platform of countless third party developers to build in ways not available today
- Using Machine Learning to identify optimal paths and bottlenecks in complex workflows
A strong candidate will have or show:
- 2+ years industry experience and/or a STEM degree
- Demonstrated ability to develop cloud-based web apps and/or mobile apps
- Comfort working across the technology stack to move features from concept to production
- Incredible attention to detail along with a keen sense for when enough is enough
We work out of San Francisco, CA with a few teammates spread around the globe. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity and stellar health, dental and vision benefits.